We work to educate and build community awareness about the opportunities to balance rightful gun ownership with principles of gun safety, based on reliable research.
- Attend our meetings on the fourth Monday of most months to learn from experts.
- Read our weekly emails to understand the reality of guns in America.
- Follow our Facebook page.
GAGV advocates expanded background checks, sentences for federal gun trafficking, assault weapon bans and magazine size reductions.
- Understand opportunities in Kansas, Missouri and particularly the metropolitan Kansas City area to influence outcomes.
GAGV participates in actions that reduce the incidence of gun violence to achieve safer communities for our grandchildren, including:
- Presentations to organizations.
- Participation in programs that reduce community violence.
- Support of gun violence reduction legislation at all levels of government.
- Interaction with the media, legislators, local officials and influencers.
- Become a member/recruit new members.
- Support our mission and priorities.
- Encourage and take action.
- Write letters to the editor.
- Engage in our volunteer activities.